09 May How Important is a Logo to Your Business?
While the creation of an incredible website is one of the fundamental pillars of a company’s marketing strategy to build a powerful online presence, the creation of the logo is one of the most important steps when defining the brand image. Many small businesses downplay this issue by claiming that “this is for the big shots”, but they forget that the giants were once small and one of the keys to their success was the choice of a good logo.
What makes a logo so important for a brand is that it helps people know and remember the name, the motto or even the founder of the brand with just a glance. Studies show that 40% of people remember better what they see and not what they read or listen to. For that reason, having a well-designed logo is essential for the global marketing strategy but also to attract new customers. To achieve all its purposes and become that element of vital importance for any brand, a logo must be simple, memorable, timeless, consistent and versatile without losing the essence of your business. Keep reading, and we’ll give you more clues.
Many studies show that people are more sensitive to visual images than to text. It is easier to remember a complex image than a long phrase, for example. Your logo has to incorporate all the feelings and elements of the image of your business and transmit them to everyone at a glance. That look can have a profound impact on your success.
What makes an effective logo?
- Specific to the industry. For a small company, it is important that the logo reflects what your company does, whether your company manufactures a product or provides a service.
- Eternal. You must take into account if your logo will be relevant and updated in a couple of years. Creating a logo that will last one day is a waste of time and effort. It is better to go for a logo that will last for many years.
- Simple is always better. A very complex logo could be fashionable at the time of design, but it could quickly become outdated.
- Versatile. Remember that your logo will be used in many different sizes in your marketing strategy, so simple lines are the most effective. It is important that you have your logo in vector format which will allow it to be reduced for a business card or expanded to fill a giant poster without distorting.
- Take care of the colors. An effective logo looks great in just one color, black and white or mixed colors and tones. To find the best option to reflect your ideas, it is necessary to know the psychological connotations behind the colors.
- The source is important. A font characterizes a logo and therefore the company it represents. How to make the right choice? It’s simple: choose minimalist sources; it uses two sources at the most; Make sure the selected sources look good together; choose a source that remains relevant through the years. Remember, the source should emphasize the corporate style and niche market. For example, a bank logo needs a font that evokes feelings such as honesty and trustworthiness.
In a market that presents high competition, a well-designed and executed logo, stands out the products and services offered by the company, conveying reliability and professionalism. Which contributed to the success of the business. While a non-standard logo, it can lead to amateurism and drive away potential customers. Having a logo is extremely important; it must be done properly and with all the specifications seen above. Avoid headaches; the investment is absolutely minimal compared to all the benefit you will get by creating a logo in a correct way, its uses are multiple in the development of your company, advertising, stationery, vehicles, etc.